Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's Brand New.

It's a brand new year and to so many people...a sigh of relief!  Yes, some years I have felt this way, but when the clock struck midnight and we blew our horns and cheers'd our champagne flutes, I almost felt...sad.  Undoubtedly one of the best years of my life had come to an end.  2011 was filled with the last year of nursing school, an engagement to the most handsomest and kindest of men, a beautiful summer spent galavanting together as an engaged couple, marrying, moving into our first home together, an incredible honeymoon and so many other little moments with friends and family and my husband that I would bore you and gag you with the details.  It was a good year.  But 2012, I am so ready for the awesomeness that you are about to be.  I am a wife this year and will soon be a nurse.  It just sounds so good...and grown up.  And responsibility-filled.  As it should be.  

I am still working on resolutions, as I have never really been a resolution-maker.  But, I have come up with one.  Wear more lipstick and for goodness sake, put on some earrings.  I am a grown-up and should look like a very chic one.


Ooooh.  Hello red lips on a Tuesday afternoon!  I am rocking this resolution thing.

2 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Love those red lips on you - very dramatic

Janine / Being Brazen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.