Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A little bit country




{Shirt, Anthropologie; Skirt, Zara; Belt, Anthropologie; Wedges, Target; Bracelets, F21}

When I was ten, I went on this long road trip with my Grama (that's how we say it/spell it in our house).  We drove from Chicago through all the northern states and landed safely in northern California where I was born, my extended family lived and my parents grew-up.  But on our journey, we found ourselves in Montana.  Oh goodness, Montana.  I could have stayed there in those field, feeding horses and standing on that open ground with the wind whirling around me.  The freshness.  The earthiness that I smelled.  And the freedom to run until I was too tired to take another step.  For those two days, I felt like I was where part of my heart belonged.  I have never been back, but I cannot wait to return.  I can't wait to dry my hair in the wind again (which I really did when I was 10).

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found you through Kylee's blog, and I'm glad I did! I'm loving this oufit, very girly and pretty :)

http://breezydaysblog.blogspot.com/